Dr. Puneet Utreja has been working as a Head of Department Cum Associate Professor in Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, PCTE Group of Institutes, Ludhiana. His area of research interest is novel drug delivery system specially use of vesicular carrier system for sustained and targeted delivery of drugs. He has about 11 years of research, teaching and industrial experience. He has guided more than 10 M.Pharmacy students till now. He has published more than eleven research papers in different referred International Journals of high repute in the field of pharmaceutics and has 25 research presentations at various national and international conferences. He has also won the best research paper award at conference organized by Indian hospital pharmacist association in the year 2010. He is an active life member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI) and Punjab science academy (PSA).
- Ph.D from Punjabi University,Patiala in 2013
- M.Pharmacy(Pharmaceutics) from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka in 2005.
- B.Pharmacy from Amravati University,Maharashtra in 2002.
- Mahajan, M. Utreja, P. and Jain S.K. Paclitaxel loaded Nano liposomes in thermosensitive hydrogel: A Dual Approach for sustained and Localized Delivery. Anti- Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. 2015, 16(3): 365-376.(Impact factor-2.9)
- Mahajan, M. Khurana, R.K. Sehajpal, N.S. Utreja, P. Sankar, R, Singh, B and Jain, S.K. Emerging Strategies and Challenges for Controlled Delivery of Taxanes: A Comprehensive Review Current Drug Metabolism. 2015, 16(6):453-473. (Impact factor-3.5)
- Grover, M. and Utreja, P. Recent Advances in Drug Delivery System for Anti-Diabetic Drugs: A Review.. Current Drug Delivery. 2014, 11(4):444-457. ( Impact factor-2.5)
- Jain, , Utreja, P., Yadav, S., Tiwary, A.K., Mahajan, M., Kumar, N., and Roy, P. Anti-cancer, Pharmacokinetic and Biodistribution studies of Cremophor EL free alternative paclitaxel formulation. Current Drug Safety. 2014, 9(2):145-155.
- Utreja, P., Jain, S., and Tiwary, A.K. Evaluation of Biosafety and Intracellular Uptake of Cremophor EL Free Paclitaxel Elastic Liposomal Formulation. 2012; 19(1) 11-20. ( Impact factor-2.5)
- Utreja, P., Jain, , Yadav, S., Khanduja, K.L and Tiwary, A.K. Efficacy and Toxicological Studies of Cremophor EL free Alternative Paclitaxel Formulation. Current Drug Safety. 2011; 6(5) 329-338.(H-Index 12)
- Utreja, P., Jain, S. and Tiwary, A.K. Localized Delivery of Paclitaxel Using Elastic Liposomes: Formulation Development And Evaluation. Drug Delivery 2011; 18(5):367-376. (Impact factor-2.5)
- Jain, A., Kaur, , Puri, R., Utreja, P., Jain, S., Bhide, M., Ratnam, R., Sharma, V., Singh, S., Kelker, A., Pawar, S., Patil A. S., Jayaraman. Poly Propyl Ether Imine (PETIM) Dendrimer: A Novel Non-Toxic Dendrimer for Sustained Drug Delivery. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2010, 45, 4997-5005. (Impact factor-3.5)
- Utreja, P., Jain, S., Tiwary, A. K. Novel Drug Delivery System For Sustained And Targeted Delivery of Anti-Cancer Drugs: Current Status and Future Prospects.. Current Drug Delivery. 2010, 7 (2) 152-161. (H Index 19)
- Singh, H., Utreja, P., Jain, S., Tiwary, A. K. Elastic Liposomal Formulation for Sustained Delivery of Colchicine: In Vitro Characterization In Vivo Evaluation of Anti-Gout Activity. AAPS Journal, 2009, 11(1) 54- (Impact factor 5.5).
- Shelly, Utreja, P., Jain, S., Tiwary, A. K., Jain N. K. Nanostructured Lipid Carriers and their Application in Drug Delivery. International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, 2009 2(2), 152-171.