Become a centre of excellence through dissemination of knowledge and skills to make outstanding professionals.
To grow as an intercontinental leader in pharmaceutical education and research with the goal to produce scientifically, technologically and ethically competent professionals with effective administrative and communication skills.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Pharmacy Programme at B.Pharmacy level will be able to produce graduates who will be:
- Suitable for employment, venturing own business enterprise or pursuing higher studies along with research and development, consultancy services in the pharmaceutical field and allied subject/venture (Medico-Technical)
- Capable Graduate Pharmacist with the requisite knowledge, presence of mind, skills, attitudes and a technocrat.
- Responsible health worker, competent pharmaceutical professional, good team leader, good human being and ethical pharmacists serving the ailing humanity.
Faculty of Pharmaceutical sciences was established in the year 2007 with an insight to promote excellence in pharmaceutical education and research. The institute is offering 4 years Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) and 2 years Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm: Pharmaceutics). The institute is approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI, New Delhi), All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
The campus sits in a lush green country side, barely 2 Km from an industrialized & progressive city of Ludhiana. The college has fully air-conditioned class rooms, well equipped laboratories houses state-of-art instruments like Brookfield viscometer, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, HPLC, Dissolution apparatus, Rotary tablet punching machine, Planetary mixer, Granulator, Filter press, Orifice and Venturi meter etc. The Institute also has a sophisticated animal house facility registered by CPCSEA, Government of India and herbal garden.
Students are trained in all diverse fields of pharmacy orienting their applicability to industrial and research needs. We aim to become the top pharmacy school in the country with a vision to train and nurture manpower towards fundamental research in pharmacy leading to technology innovation and entrepreneurship.
Our faculty has extensive experience in industry, research as well as teaching. Our strength is a reflection of their skills, innovation and drive. The classroom teaching is supplemented by guest lectures by key persons from various functional areas of research, production and marketing from large and mid-sized pharmaceutical companies who interact with our graduates and give them inside information on latest industry trends and happenings in this ever expanding field.
The department firmly believes in maintaining a healthy balance between curricular and extra co-curricular activities. Thus the department not only encourages our students to strive excellence in Pharmacy but also support and motivate them for their overall development and a well-rounded personality.
- Successfully organised PTU sponsored National Seminar on “Pharmaceuticals Nanotechnology: Current Scenario and Future Prospects ” on 27th Feb,2016.
- Awarded best pharmacy college by Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar for the year 2013.
- The college is publishing a biannual journal entitled Journal of Pharmaceutical Education & Research. This is a peer- reviewed journal and is receiving a contribution from prominent scientists from all over the world.
- Many students have qualified GPAT and got the fellowship for their PG research work.
- The institute also offers PG scholarships awarded by AICTE/Min. of HRD, Govt of India.
- Department has the separate research block with well-equipped laboratories and Internet facilities for PG Students.
- Department has separate animal house approved by CPCSEA for research work.
- The college has various national and international publications in journals of high repute.
- Students and faculty have participated and presented their research in various national conferences.
- The department regularly organizes health camps with collaboration of renowned hospitals of Ludhiana city.
- Department celebrates world pharmacist day and pharmacy week.
- Regular guest lectures by various eminent personalities from DMC&H, Punjabi University, Punjab Agricultural University and Vasan Eye Care Hospital etc.
Programs offered at Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences:
The college has fully air-conditioned class rooms, well equipped laboratories houses state-of-art instruments like Brookfield viscometer, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, HPLC, Dissolution apparatus, Rotary tablet punching machine, Planetary mixer, Granulator, Filter press, Orifice and Venturi meter etc. The Institute also has a sophisticated animal house facility registered by CPCSEA, Government of India and herbal garden.
- Well equipped laboratories (Fourteen)
- Lecture Halls (Four)
- Tutorial rooms (Two)
- Computer lab
- Seminar Hall
- Animal house
- Herbal garden
Pharmacy placement Record
Pharmacy Placements had achieved the status of 100% in all the batches passed out till date. Many top companies have recruited students from the institute.
- Full one day industrial visit in a week for 7th semester students known as grand Friday activity is organized for better learning and review via the industry enterprises. This activity helps the students to decide their future.
- Industrial/ hospital and allied industry visit are organized and subject to live projects by the students and evaluate at the end of the semester.
- Mandatory PowerPoint presentation in each semester is encouraged by the teaching staff for the better understanding of the subject and enhancing the confidence level in the students.
- Regular FDP and course group meetings are held to improve instructional methods for better results.
- Pharmacy Quiz and GD are organized by the institute and evaluated.
- Guest lectures by the subject specialist are held for the students to enhance the latest information of the pharmaceutical sector.
- One Day national seminar on the topic “Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology: Current Scenario and Future Prospects” on 27 February was conducted for better interaction and to enhance the knowledge of the students.