About the course:
B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Sciences is an Undergraduate Program offered by PCTE, Ludhiana for Allied Health Sciences.
A Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) is a healthcare professional concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through the use of chemical, hematological, immunologic, microscopic, and bacteriological diagnostic analyses.
Medical laboratory professionals have multiple choices for practice in Hospitals, Nursing homes, Public Health Facilities, and Commercial laboratories. Employment of clinical laboratory workers is expected to grow as the volume of laboratory tests increases with population growth and the development of new types of tests.
Three Years Bachelor Degree Course affiliated to IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala.
Total Seats: 60
- The course duration is three years.
- The course is based on semester system.
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects and either Mathematics or Biology conducted by a recognized Board / University / Council.
Those candidates who have passed their Matriculation examination AND have also passed three year Diploma in any Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or such Examination from any other recognised State Board of Technical Education, or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Longowal / or / Two years diploma in pharmacy or medical lab technology after 10+2 recognized by any state board
- As per the university norms at the time of admission.
- Applicants will be given admission based on merit of qualifying examination.
How to Apply:
- Application forms available in all offices of PCTE Group of Institutes or could be downloaded .[Click here to fill form and print ]
- Application fee of Rs 500 is payable On-line or Through a Demand Draft(in favor of PUNJAB COLLEGE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION payable at Ludhiana) or by Cash.
- Application forms, duly filled, can be submitted personally or by post at PCTE Group of Institutes, Ferozpur Road, Near Baddowal Cantt, Jhandey, Pin- 142021 or through Courier at – House No. 30, Defence Colony, BRS Nagar, Ludhiana.
Reservations– As per Central / State Govt. guidelines.
- Semester 1: Rs. 23, 425/- + Rs.3500/- (One Time)*
* One Time Fee is Rs.2000 for University Admission Fee, Rs 1500 (Tie, Blazer, Insignia, ID Card, Library Card).
- Semester 2 onwards: Rs. 24,600/-
- The fee is as per the Punjab Govt./University notification and it is subject to revision by the competent authority.
Given the focus on the healthcare and the demand for allied health professionals, career opportunities for clinical lab professionals is expected to grow faster than the average of all other occupations.
- Scientific: Work as laboratory technologist at hospitals, Pharmaceutical laboratories, Public Health laboratories, research & product development
- Managerial: Supervisor in laboratory, as consultant to laboratory medicine industry, Quality assurance companies, sales & marketing
- Educational: As a tutor in laboratory medicine graduate program.